Monday 28 April 2014

So here I go....

13 months ago I decided to start a scrapbook showing my everyday life so that my grandchildren would have something to look back on. For many years I have been researching my family tree and the thing I have found most frustrating is that although I "know" certain things about people, such as when and where they were born and what they did, I have absolutely nothing that tells me what they were like as people. Why, for example, did my 4x great grandfather dislike his son-in-law so intensely that he made it a stipulation in his will that his daughter could not spend any of the money he had left her on things that benefited her husband! My own granddad died when I was 4 and although my parents always told me how close I was with him, I can't remember him at all and there is nothing to show that we were close at all. So, that is why my crafting journey began.

I started off with a Smash book and very quickly graduated to 12x12 layouts, but then I discovered tags and I fell in love.

Today, most of my crafting is on tags or on 6x6 board and I just love playing with inks and paints to create beautiful things and this blog is here to show what I have made and hopefully any progress I make over time.

1 comment:

  1. Hello and thank you for stopping by my blog. I am so glad that you liked my CC3C piece. It was fun to do. Good luck as you start your artistic journey to record the history of your family through your art. It will be a fun process. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete