Sunday 11 May 2014

Butterflies

I'm just a teeny bit obsessed with Tim Holtz's Papillon stamps, those butterflies and moths seem to creep in everywhere. What I love about them is that they can be made to look different every time I use them, just by colouring them or adding embellishments.

We recently changed the colour of our living room at home and the lovely Laura Ashley wallpaper we have on one wall has beautiful duck egg blues, pinks and yellows in it and so I decided to make some artwork to pick up on those colours. The plaque below is one of 3, each of which has one or more of those colours in it.

I used mostly Distress Inks for this card. I think the colours were Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade and Vintage Photos. The script was done in Archival Ink, but I can't remember whether I used Chrome Yellow or Dandelion. The butterflies were coloured using Distress markers and then covered with Glossy Accents.

I love the vibrancy of the yellow as it is so summery, but with the lace and script I think it looks quite vintage too.

I am going to enter this into the following challenges:
Really Reasonable Ribbon  where the challenge is for something summery and using ribbon or lace
Imagination Crafts the challenge here is to make something with wings

1 comment:

  1. Super card. Thanks for joining us at Imaginations Crafts xx Jan DT

    ReplyDelete