Sunday 18 May 2014

My version of the Tim Holtz May 2014 Tag

I have been wanting to make this tag since the beginning of the month, but I had to wait for my shadowpress words to arrive. Then, wouldn't you know it, as I started to emboss the word the platform for my Bigshot broke! So only half it the word embossed and the rest of it on the tag is just the archival ink I had used to print the word into the embossing and Picket Fence distress marker.

I knew I wanted tones of blue and green, but also wanted a splash of yellow and some brown tones too. So I am really pleased at how the tag has come together. If I were to change anything, I would have printed the butterfly in a different colour, but this was one I had in my scrap drawer and I love the Dandelion archival ink colour and so I decided to use it as it was, only adding a little bit of distress glitter.

The 53 represents my age and the blue star with distress glitter was left over from a tag I did yesterday and I thought it looked really pretty highlighted on its own. The feather is something I have been saving to use on just the right thing and I love the way the feathers in the background paper echo it's lines.

I really enjoyed doing this tag as it was very different to most others I have done.

I am going to do another version once I have ordered and received some of the wonderful embellishments sold at the Funkie Junkie Boutique. They have lots of things I haven't seen here in the U.K!

I am going to add this to the CCC3 distress glitter challenge and be brave and put it onto Tom Holtz's site too


1 comment:

  1. Great May tag, and love the glittery star! Thank you so much for playing along with us on the glittery challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete