Thursday 8 May 2014

Paris, here we come!

My younger daughter Sarah, aka Sid, and I are planning a trip to Paris in October. I have been several times before, but she never has. Her husband says he has no interest in going and so we decided we would go together and just have some Mum and Daughter time - as she has 2 small children, this is not something that happens often.

So, in honour of our planned trip I made the plaque below. It is a square of MDF painted with one thin coat of gesso and then I put some worn lipstick and pumice stone distress stains onto my crafting mat and wiped the plaque through. I love the colour of the background. grey and pink has always been one of my favourite colour combinations. I even had my bedroom painted in those colours for a while millions of years ago when I was a teenager. I used a combination of stencils, including a fleur de lisle one I made myself and then added some French inspired Tim Holtz stamps. I wasn't sure about the Mona Lisa one, as it is quite prominent, but it has grown on me. Finally I embossed  the Eiffel Tower and the large Fleur des Lisle onto some metallic paper, which I then cut around and gave a coat of black distress paint before adding to the plaque.






No comments:

Post a Comment