Sunday 11 May 2014

Stencil love!

When I started crafting last year I didn't even know that stencils existed! But now they are my favourite things in the world, oh okay, not quite, as my Children and grandchildren take that spot, but I do really enjoy using them.

I love the way you can make stencilled backgrounds as subtle or as vibrant as you want and the depth that you can add to the finished products. Also, my rubber stamping can sometimes be a little hit and miss, but stencilling is so much more reliable. I also love the way you can combine so many different stencils on one piece of work and make things that are totally unique.

The plaque below combines stencilling (lots of Tim Holtz stencils, including my favourite harlequin one), stamping and those lovely butterflies and moths again from the Paplillon stamp set.

This is being entered in the imagination crafts challenge, which is to produce something with wings


No comments:

Post a Comment