Friday 10 October 2014

It's Halloween time

I'm not really very big on Halloween, but my children (all grown up) and grandbabies are. So, for the first time ever, I am getting into the Halloween spirit. We have a party arranged and will do we trick and treating.

Here is something I made for part of the decorations.


I don't usually do "scenes", but this one came to me as I sat chatting to my daughters over a cup of tea and I had great fun putting it all together. I wanted to look like a dusty old shed where spells and potions had been mixed and I love the way it came out. It is a 6x6 square of MDF, which I covered with a piece of  paper with a wood panelling pattern. Then I stained the main shelf and small shelf using a Tim Holtz wood stencil. I die cut the raven, bottles and webs and fussy cut the hat and smaller bottles. There is a smattering of rub ons and everything is covered with a sprinkling of Vintage Photo distress embossing powder and Rangers verdigris embossing powder.

I am entering this into the following challenges:

Cut it Up challenge blog

Simply Create Too

Punk you girl

Lunagirl moonbeams

Haunted Design house







No comments:

Post a Comment